Afghanistan Loses UN Vote Over $4,600 in Unpaid Dues

Charlie Herbert chasherb at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 13:50:04 PST 2002

>Subject: Re: Afghanistan Loses UN Vote Over $4,600 in
Unpaid Dues

>Kevin Robert Dean wrote:

>Afghanistan Loses UN Vote Over $4,600 in Unpaid Dues

>What about the U.S.? Aren't we hundreds of millions
behind?

>Doug

I recall that the US hastily paid up on Sept 12 or thereabouts. Here's John Negroponte on NYT 12-19-01 "We put $1.5 billion into the coffers of the United Nations this year, basically paying off our arrears and current dues, we're working on counterterrorism issues, we've ratified 10 of 12 U.N. conventions on terrorism, we're moving to ratify the two remaining ones.'"

(see Serge Schmemann in the NYT December 19 and http://www.pro-un.org/january_2002.htm)

Charlie