Letter From Pôrto Alegre

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Sat Feb 2 07:04:28 PST 2002

Kelley wrote:

> heh. funny. last year when you were going to canada, people were accusing
> you of being a jet setter who could afford to traipse all over the place.

That is funny. I had been hoping that today's protests in New York City were going to be the first anti-globalization protests that I've attended outside of Washington, DC.

But alas, I'm stuck in Virginia today for lack of a ride and because I have the flu.

This means that the next big protest in North America will be the one in April against the World Bank and IMF meetings which are being held in, you guessed it, Washington, DC.

The Brazilian anarchists invited me to the WSF, but I didn't have the money to attend. Never made it to Quebec City, Ottawa, Philadelphia, or Los Angeles. Know people who were in Genoa, Gothenburg, Seattle, and so on, but I've always been a party host here in Washington.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"Chuck Munson isn't like other protestors."

-- CTV