lbo-talk-digest V1 #5634

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Mon Feb 4 08:25:50 PST 2002

|| From: "Daniel Davies" <dsquared at al-islam.com>

|| Sales of the Koran quite severely hampered by the fact that a lot of

|| mainstream opinion has it that Allah dicatated it to the

|| prophet Mohammed

Mohammed fessed up that Allah wasn't the only one doing the dictating. He put his deal with the Quraysh tribe in writing at one point, recognizing four of their idols as bona fide divinities. Then he characteristically reneged on the deal after a tête-a-tête with Gabriel (as he did with the Medina Jews, deciding a pogrom was what Allah wanted and not some wussy financial arrangement) and declared the verses null and void, having been inspired in him by Shaitan. We just have to trust the prophet that the rest of his opus is kosher - or halal, rather - or burn in gehenna like Rushdie will.

For the full story: http://zipfiles.answering-islam.org/gilchrist_vol1.zip http://zipfiles.answering-islam.org/gilchrist_vol2.zip

Hakki