Bill Gates takes rich to task

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Feb 4 13:36:18 PST 2002

At 04:27 PM 2/4/02 -0500, Nathan Newman wrote:
>The way Gates got rich was illegitimate but the way he is spending the
>proceeds is, as far as I can tell, quite admirable. He is following in the
>footsteps of the elder Rockefeller, but more consciously and earlier in his
>connection of private philanthropy to the broader social conditions.

wasn't that a turnabout? i remember that he was roundly criticized a while back because he wasn't much of a philanthropist. the argument was that cyberlibertarians tends not to be especially generous because their wealth was all on paper. there was an entire spread on the topic here, when i first moved to FL.

kelley