Women in Black demos for peace

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Feb 5 07:29:25 PST 2002

Angela used to tell us about the women in Black in the Yugo war protests

Charles Brown

^^^^^

Women in Black demos

Dear Solidarity members, especially women in the branch,

I attended a Women in Black demonstration before Christmas--we demonstrated in Eastern Market ( Detroit , Michigan) and of the more than 100 of us who demonstrated, we all wanted to do it again.

Here are the upcoming Women in Black events:

Sat., Feb. 9--Downtown Royal Oak, NW corner of 11 Mile & Main Street Sat., March 9--Dearborn Recruiting Station, 23400 Michigan Ave. (at Monroe) Sat., April 6--Pope Park, Hamtramck, SW corner of Belmont & Joseph Campau Sat., May 18--Eastern Market, corner of Russell & Wilkins

This is a silent protest march vs. U.S.-sanctioned violence in Afghanistan, Iraq & Palestine. Please wear black, everyone welcome.

Women in unity against war/Women in Black We are women of varied ethnic & racial heritages who gather to oppose the use of violence & terror as a means to political ends.

wiunity at hotmail.com