Bill Gates takes rich to task

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Tue Feb 5 07:44:45 PST 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Kelley wrote:

> wasn't that a turnabout? i remember that he was roundly criticized a while
> back because he wasn't much of a philanthropist. the argument was that
> cyberlibertarians tends not to be especially generous because their wealth
> was all on paper. there was an entire spread on the topic here, when i
> first moved to FL.

Under what definition of the term does Gates, whose whole business model is founded upon gov't regulation of the economy in the form of software copyrights, and who has asked Congress to take legal action against the concept of open-source licensing since it threatens his monopoly, qualify as a "cyberlibertarian"?

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588

yahoo msg: beyondzero123 The technology that extends our senses is increasingly difficult to distinguish from the technology that creates our senses.

-Richard Thieme