Eurodollars (abd Negri)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 14:29:32 PST 2002

--- Alessandro Coricelli <alessandro.coricelli at rcn.com> wrote:
>Negri's thesis and so am researching this move by
> Big
> > Capital towards "statelessness".
>
> be careful, Toni would never say that. The decline
> of the nation-state does
> not mean the decline(tout court) of the "state."

I realize that Alessandro, hence my mention at the end of my email about the fact that Empire is emerging...and that does not mean that the nation-state is finished and that capital does not still make use of it...That is definitely clear in the wake of September 11th, and the bailout of the Airline industry. By the way, thank you for your thoughtful answers to my questions.

> an interesting matter could be following the
> evolution of e-money. That's a
> fully stateless money. But it is also a very
> marginal phenomenon.

Well, right now it's marginal, isn't it? But for how long?

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx