Fwd: Re: bad nooz for Dems

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Feb 6 09:46:19 PST 2002

X-From_: john.halle at SNET.Net Wed Feb 6 12:09:06 2002 Mime-Version: 1.0 Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 12:21:53 -0500 To: dhenwood at panix.com From: John Halle <john.halle at SNET.Net> Subject: Re: bad nooz for Dems

Newman writes:

> > marginal, spoiler
> > Green parties that can wield no power but make them feel good
> > with their righteous no-compromise no-success purity.

"marginal": of five races we entered in New Haven, we elected two with substantial majorities, lost by 15 votes in another ward, got 42% in the fourth and 33% in the other

"spoiler": there was no serious Republican opposition in any of these wards.

"no power": we are now the minority party in city government, with a seat on all aldermanic committees and city commissions

"no success": Greens have won more than half of the races we have entered since Nov. 2000.

"no-compromise": correct. we haven't sold out. See

http://www.newmassmedia.com/nac.phtml?code=new&db=nac_fea&ref=18241

and from last week:

http://www.yaledailynews.com/article.asp?AID=17822

and from today:

http://www.yaledailynews.com/article.asp?AID=17995

And that's just the beginning. -- John Halle Green Party Alderman Ward 9, New Haven, CT