A window into the bedroom of the ruling class

Pablo Jallez ogarrioluz at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 11:13:38 PST 2002

I may be tardy in joining any discussion of Enron. But I am hearing several voices in the mainstream that are questioning the legitimacy of a core tenet of the dominant neoliberal ideology---namely, privatization/deregulation. At the same time, we are also seeing a series of reports that question the legitimacy of US democracy under capitalism in the transnational phase. In other words, the left has a very real opportunity to capitalize on the Enron fallout. The ruling class will try to protect itself the class from a "backlash" against business as Business Week calls it by sacrificing some of their own as scapegoat.) But as the ruling class tries to limit the damage to the legitimacy of its dominant ideology, we should blast their legitimacy as much as possible. I have not seen such clear opportunity for such a successful attack in years. The correlation of forces can shift if we push hard enough. If you are interested in more about Enron, check outwww.citizen.orgwww.tpj.or! gwww.public-i.orgwww.commoncause.orgOgarrio