bad nooz for Dems

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Wed Feb 6 14:06:01 PST 2002

At 04:47 PM 02/06/2002 -0500, Doug wrote:
>Why should a vote for Nader mean a vote for a Dem for Congress? Lots
>of Nader voters wouldn't vote for a Dem if a gun were held to their
>heads.
>
>Sorry to find myself disagreeing with Seth, but I don't see how Nader
>gave the election to Bush. If Gore had carried his home state, he'd
>be president. The whole Florida mess is a symptom of the structural
>corruption of the American political system; Gore lost that state
>because of rigged counting, racial harassment, and the shameful
>disenfranchisement of ex-cons. Face it Nathan, your boy did himself
>in

I was one of those voters -- who would not have voted had I not been able to vote for Nader.

As for Gore. Not only did he not win in his home state BUT, most puzzling for the dems, this election went through uncontested at a time when Gore/Clinton not only had the media's attention but also while they had political power!!!!. I'm still scratching my head over that one. I mean if the dems didn't want to rock the boat, fuck them.

Joanna B.