"We want Will!"

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 20:51:01 PST 2002

Apparently there is a TV reality show called "Pop Idol" where, umm--well I never saw the show so somebody will have to explain it to me.

Seems that the most popular contestant is someone named Will Young. And Mr. Young is a big fan of everybody's favorite old man:

"A far cry from your average inarticulate popster, Will Young was a rebel in his early teens, but a quiet conformist by the time he got to Wellington school at 14. He sang on stage in his prep school, but only began to take it seriously at Exeter University, where he studied politics. "Reading Marx pushed me into doing what I wanted to do," he says. "It made me want to put a definite personal stamp on the world rather than just being part of the system. I knew that lots of people do jobs they don't want. I gave myself until the age of 30 to try and make a success of singing – if I hadn't made it, by then, I'd just get a job."

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/media/story.jsp?dir=61&story=118629&host=3&printable=1

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 http://www.yaysoft.com