bad nooz for Dems

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Feb 7 09:36:20 PST 2002

Justin Schwartz wrote:

> However, at least we get
> >incremental progress (or, at the very least, less reactionary policies) by
> >supporting the latter now.
>
> Yup, Luke, you know that's me, the supporter of the guillotine and total
> revolution now. I'm organizing a group called liberal democrats for the
> immediate overthrow of everything. jks

The tragedy is that only in isolated bits of time and bits of space do "we" ever even get the "incremental progress." And the last 20 years (considering only policies supported by Democrats and their cousins elsewhere in the world) there has been rather more regress than progress by almost every measure. How are the wage increases of the late '90s holding up, incidentally? And what is the relative percentage of the population in the grip of the criminal justice system now and 35 years ago?

And of course as Carter's national security chief has told us, Carter & Co. deliberately triggered the long tragedy of Afghanistan. And if it _did_ actually bring about the downfall of the USSR, then Carter and the Democrats are reponsible for every unnecessary death in the fSU for the last 12 years.

Were there the _least_ evidence that the Democrats could bring us an real improvement, however incremental, in human life I'd be willing to work for them pending a serious opening for a new Communist Party. But there is no such evidence.

Have liberals no shame?

As someone in Chicago mentioned yesterday, the current (corrupt) Republican Governor is the most liberal governor (or candidate for the governorship) that we have had in years in Illinois. His Democratic opponent 4 years ago deserved the epithet pig as richly as any politician or cop in the nation, Democratic or Repbuplican.

Any one who seriously believes in the lesser evil argument should vote Republican.

Carrol

Carrol