how big are MNCs

P.J.Wells at open.ac.uk P.J.Wells at open.ac.uk
Thu Feb 7 11:10:57 PST 2002

Thanks to Doug for posting the Martin Wolf piece from the FT, which I had missed.

Wolf's an obnoxious smart-arse, tho' he has half a point here.

Surely, tho', the way to measure the size of capitalist institutions is by the size of their *capital*, not their sales or profits?

I don't have the numbers to hand, but I suspect that the results would be to

1) make MNCs look bigger than Wolf would like in comparison to the US and (especially) other OECD countries

2) vastly bigger in comparison to most 3rd World countries.

Julian