Cooper on PA

Guilherme C Roschke groschke at luminousvoid.net
Fri Feb 8 10:32:12 PST 2002

> > Nazis snuffing out your ciggies. And, praise Jesus, none of that damn
> > "twinkling" going on -- the infantile and wholly idiotic process now
> > in vogue among American activists whereby they raise their hands and
> > wiggle their fingers to show approval of what's being said in one of
> > their endless, process-laden, mind-deadening meetings.
>
> That's because those meetings are democratic and strive towards an
> egalitarian, non-hierarchical movement. Not exactly something that an
> old authoritarian dinosaur like Cooper would appreciate.

i attended last years WSF with indymedia, partly to meet my only surviving grandparent -- lest i get confused with a well funded NGO liberal. I must say the smoking policy (allowed in hallways, but not auditoriums or classrooms) was definately un-american. and quite appreciated by the harried and somewhat starry eyed indymedia attendees.

-gr