Enron

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 9 03:00:11 PST 2002

>I'll be debating my local Rush Limbaugh clone several times over the next few
>weeks on Enron (and local library policy, but that's another matter) as part
>of a semi-organized effort to get different points of view on the air. The
>host's only consistent caller "on the left" is a little old lady, a Dem who's
>also a bit confused. And she yells when he uses his lawyer tactics on her,
>which plays right into his evil hands. :>)

if you can, try to work in alot of "tantamount to expropriation" jokes use that term alot even incorrectly and make him expain what it is when he corrects you

say canadian enron stockholders that "weren't in the loop" could sue the U.S. government under chapter 11 of the NAFTA agreement for the deregulation policies that caused their stock to become worthless. state this with dead seriousness as if it were a legitimate story, say you read it in the "Vancouver Echo" (news paper)

or always describe ken lay as "presidential material" and speculate over whether or not this enron thing will hurt his candidacy for 2008 or if he chose to run as a democrat in 2004 better yet when ever you mention ken lay say he's doing a really good job in this war against terrorism and that you think it would be really bad for america if he were impeached ...again dead seriousness

the show sounds pretty goofy, i would be surprised if that old lady weren't paid by that show. you might as well get some good jokes/pranks in

~json