[ASDnet] Community projects for you

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Sun Feb 10 11:00:57 PST 2002

All this seems a good idea. Perhaps a demand to make would be:

THE AUDITING FUNCTION SHOULD BECOME A PUBLIC RESPONSIBILITY, DISCHARGED BY A GOVERNMENT REGULATORY/LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY.

Correspondingly, it would be illegal for private accounting firms to audit the books of corporations. How do they do this in other countries, like Germany or France?

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema

-----Original Message----- From: ANDERSON DAVID [mailto:andersd at spot.colorado.edu] Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 23:42 To: Undisclosed; recipients:; ; Subject: [ASDnet] Community projects for you

>Dear Citizen,
>
>The Enron/Anderson scandal has made it clear: we need a national campaign
>stand up to corporate crime, fraud, and abuse.
>
>Citizen Works is coordinating a national citizens reform agenda and many
>have asked what they can do. We have two projects for you (and we've made
>two free how-to guides to help you do it).
>
>Today, Citizen Works is asking you to take on one of these two projects:
>
>*Big Bad Business Day. On April 6th, communities across the country will
>hold rallies, press conferences, and teach-ins to challenge corporate rule.
>We ask you to help organize these events in your hometown or on your
campus.

>*Progressive Community Directory. Every local community needs an
>easy-to-use guide summarizing that community's great progressive groups,
>unions, student groups and other resources. Create that document for your
>community!
>
>Many of you have done projects like these before; but, if you have not, we
>have written detailed instructions and are ready to help you along the way.
>
>It is up to you. You know your community. Help it stand up to corporate
>rule and build a real democracy.
>
>The instructions are available on our website,
>http://www.citizenworks.org/projects.html. Go there now and stand up for
>democracy.
>
>Onwards!
>
>Your friends at Citizen Works.

People's attention is scarce. Do not abuse it.