Heisenberg's uncertainty finally resolved

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 10 12:55:44 PST 2002

>Which doesn't mean that GoudSMIT exonerated W.H.

I didn't say that he did. I have read the report, incidentally. I have said nothing in defense of H's war work, just his physics.

>Heisenberg's post-war work was misguided, if not cranky.

Fortunately for H's reputation and the sate of quantum physicsm that's not all he left us. Frankly, Hakki, this is like going after Newton for his alchemical research, it's sort of beside the point. Or ar you stuck with the notion that one somehow can't be a right winger and great scientist?

jks