lbo-talk-digest V1 #5675

Chris Doss chrisd at russiajournal.com
Mon Feb 11 22:50:34 PST 2002

Should have mentioned this before, but I'm writing these little snippets in between writing up an interview I did teh other day.

With respect to emigration, while the population of ethnic Russians is declinign, until a short while ago this was approximately made up for by immigration, largely illegal, into Russia from the other former Soviet Republics. The populations of both Georgia and Armenia have dropped by about 40% since 1991, mostly due to an exodus northward.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal ------------------

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:18:54 -0800 From: michael perelman <michael at ecst.csuchico.edu> Subject: Re: Russian take on Bush's State of the Union blather

I am still wondering. Are you saying that even with the decline in economic growth and the emigration and the growth in privatization, that there is still 60% more bureaucrats.