Hail to the Cheez Doodles

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Tue Feb 12 19:03:34 PST 2002

>New York Times reporter Frank Bruni, who was assigned to cover
Bush during
>the 2000 presidential campaign and the first eight months of
Bush's
>presidency, describes the 43rd President of the United States as
affable and
>good-natured, but shallow and largely clueless about many
aspects of the
>culture of the nation he heads.

[clip]

>Though he wasn't familiar with DiCaprio's role in "Titanic," the
>highest-grossing film ever, Bush knew the "Austin Powers" movies
inside out.

>Bruni writes that Bush often lifted his pinkie to the corner of
his mouth to
>mimic the Dr. Evil character in the Powers flicks.

Well... Hmm... Funny thing is that the Powers movies have a leftist/liberal slant, no? For instance in the first one, when Austin is thawed out and sees a Russian general and an American general together, he turns to the Russian and says something like, "allright comrade, we won!"

Peter