warning!

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 07:17:13 PST 2002

>From: "Luke Weiger" <lweiger at umich.edu>
>To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>
>Subject: Re: warning!
>Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:41:19 -0800
>
>Justin wrote:
> > Why not Iran? Today the Trib had a picture of President Khameni
>identifying
> > him as "the supreme leader," although he was elected through a process
>that
> > actually awarded the presidency to the winner of the majority vote,
>unlike
> > some countries I can think of, where the president is appointed by the
> > Supreme Court, and the Sun Times, under its 9/11 heading "America
>Strikes
> > Back," captioned the photo "President Khameni (at least acknowleding
>that)
> > rants against America." Of course if Iran had recentlty flattened Canada
>and
> > listed the US as a memberof the "axis of evil," Bush might be ranting
>too.
> >
> > jks
>
>Could the counterfactual be more tendentious? Accuracy generally collapses

Please explain why the counterfactual is tendentious. The US flattened Iran's neighbor, Afghanistan, and put Iran on its list of potential targets for military attack as part of the axis of evil. I just chose a neighbor of ours; Maybe I should have used Mexico? Or maybe yoy think that George W. was democratically elected, unlike Khameni?

jks