The New Nazism

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 11:45:58 PST 2002

Well, I understand Charles' frustration with the current situation...and I am guessing that he didn't mean that 100 percent literally (am I wrong?).

However, I think what Ian and Doug are saying is important, too. It's just too easy to get caught up in old analyses that dont fully comprehend the current situation. Nazi is good rhetoric, bad analysis. And people have fought hard to make the system observe the letter of the constitution...it doesnt always work but things are not as arbitrary as they would be in a fascistic order.

Nonetheless, what if all hell broke loose right now...Dont you think, in this country, there might be something close to fascism imposed? Remember, Ashcroft is Attorney General ;) I havent got a good feel for the political climate outside of the Bay Area...but wouldn't a large percentage of the population support such measure in the name of security?

Thomas

Thomas --- Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
> Charles Brown wrote:
>
> >Isn't it becoming necessary for all honest
> publicists to call the
> >U.S. in 2002 what it really is ? The New Nazism
>
> So why aren't you in jail?
>
> Doug

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx