Those unpatriotic acronyms!

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:14:59 PST 2002

This was posted to the Top Secret Espionage RPG gaming group message board to which I subscribe. Not sure of its veracity (mind you, the right-wing Canadian Alliance Party initially was called the "Canadian Regional Alliance Party" after changing it from its original Reform Party moniker; the new name got changed in a hurry).

>Almost 150 yrs. ago, President Lincoln found it necessary to hire a
> >private investigator - Mr. Alan Pinkerton. He was actually the >beginning
>of the Secret Service.
>
>Since that time the federal police authority has grown to a large >number
>of three-letter agencies - FBI, CIA, INS, IRS, DEA, BATF, SS, >ATF, etc.
>Now comes a proposal for another agency: The "Federal Air >Transportation
>Airport Security Service."
>
>Can't you see it now, the new service in their black outfits with >their
>initials in large white letters across their backs? 'FATASS'.

Todd