George Soros

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 15 12:14:55 PST 2002

>If he's helping fund the Hague tribunal, I say "Hurray for George Soros!"
> As I also say about his much-criticized helping to fund numerous
>medical marijuana initiatives. And other stuff. There's a man who knows
>the meaning of the word "citizen". (see www.soros.org) (also
>www.eurasianet.org)
> The man's a hero in my book . . .
> regards,
> Anne Peticolas
> <petico at io.com>

To honor Mr. Soros' contribution to the onerous work of propagation of the Blessings of Civilization to Persons Sitting in the Balkan Darkness, we might add his name to the Hague Tribunal: the George Soros Hague Tribunal. That would be in keeping with an increasing practice of giving the names of private donors to public buildings and the like. At the Ohio State University where I study and teach, the administration has marketed naming rights of not just buildings but _rooms_ in buildings in its fund-raising drives. This being the case with provincial businessmen in the Midwest, surely Mr. Soros, an international investor, deserves nothing less than a Tribunal named after him. -- Yoshie