George and Ken's Love Letters

Jim Westrich westrich at miser.umass.edu
Fri Feb 15 14:04:19 PST 2002

Smoking Gun has several correspondences between chums George Quincy Bush and Ken Lay. They are so cute together. 30 pages at the site

Some highlights:

GW Bush to Ken: "55 years old! Wow! That is really old.

"Thank goodness you have such a young and beautiful wife." (I wonder if GW wrote that himself? Anyway, watch out Linda!)

Ken to GW: "I quite intentionally do not send you things to read . . . (snicker, snicker and then Lay recommends a Thomas Freidman [sic] piece)" GW responded with a handwritten note that he found it "very interesting."

And of course Ken sending GW Hootie and the Blowfish tunes is too much.

There is also "business" (GW trying to get Ken to pay for his interns after budget crunches, and Ken's requests for special favors).

Enjoy.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.shtml

Also, if you have never seen the GW at a friend's wedding (six years after he allegedly went cold turkey on alcohol), you should check out this (oldie but goodie):

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/bush/bush.shtml

Jim

"This being an election year they are wonderful people."

-G. W. Bush