The New N at zi$m

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Sat Feb 16 01:31:59 PST 2002

>But none of this can lead to a serious debate unless there is a willingness
>to discuss the contemporary scholarship on what fascism was and is, and how
>these new definitions make a huge difference in how progressives should be
>analyzing the current crisis.- -Chip Berlet

With or without the f- or n- words, the Bush presidency does not bode well for what's left of US democracy or multilateral management of and participation in the world economy (globalization, though I realize some think it transcends US interests and is still a bad thing).

At least the Bush-Cheney portfolio is diversified enough to keep it interesting: oil, gas and mineral fuels, construction, defense, and good ole Texas beef. Aren't there some major investments in China in there too? Oh, and the religion that guides it all: the rock solid belief that the US presidency is always right because it leads the chosen people. I think the potential danger for fascism is clear enough.

Charles Jannuzi