I'm a frog, you're a princess...

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Feb 16 06:33:27 PST 2002

At 09:20 AM 2/16/02 -0500, Gordon Fitch wrote:

>But people often sing about what they lack. That's why
>there are so many songs above love.
>
>-- Gordon

i suppose, but as a non-poet, the only time i've been motivated to "sing" poetry have been when i'm in love--and once when i was quite angry with someone. 'sides, if you take any of the pomos seriously, it ought to be wrt one issue: the self...a couple...an affinity group...a community...all founded on lack.

conscious self-reflection--awareness of the self and of others--is made possible in the same way a mirror can reflect: there is a silvering, a foil, that we can never get behind. as such, there is a lack, something we cannot capture for it forever slips out of our grasp--slip sliding along the signifying chain.

kelley