I'm a frog. You're a princess (RE:sex, guns, etc.)

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 16 17:33:33 PST 2002

>From: "Charles Jannuzi" <jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp>
>
> >Where did you hear that squid are intelligent?
> >- -- Luke
>
>Squid, cuttlefish and octopus are considered to be the most intelligent
>invertebrates. That means, what they lack in backbone they make up for in
>the the concentrated ganglia department.

I betcha this another thread that's trying Chuck's patience, but it's a slow news day so what the hell.

Anyway, I also found this on the web: "... because cephalopod behaviour and brain structure are so foreign, ... [some] argue that their greatest cognitive feats are probably still being overlooked. 'They're very alien -- an alien intelligence,' says ... [one expert]. 'The way they "think" is very different.'"

Sort of like economists.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx