The great Japan gold rush begins (was The New N at zi$m)

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Sun Feb 17 12:41:26 PST 2002

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002 22:42:30 +0900, someone with the best of intentions wrote:

> cocksucker

I append herewith an excerpt of my post from the LBO archive of 18 Dec 2000:

As for cocksucking, I'm trying to imagine a convincing scenario that might illustrate why it seems odd that a word describing something nice that someone might do for one transforms itself all too readily into a term of disgust and contempt when applied to one's foes. But in a nutshell (so to speak), let us first establish that heterosexual males, by definition, won't generally be found to be cock-sucking. Furthermore, based on our understanding of verbal insults, it's obvious that the term cocksucker, when applied by one person to another (esp. het males), is an accusation that said foe is no better than, or on an even (implication: lower) plane with, someone who sucks cocks. How else could it function as an effective insult? This in turn paints people in general who happen to suck cocks as being base individuals for their willingness to engage in same, or at the very least less worthy of respect than your average heterosexual male. And it probably confuses the hell out of the people who actually suck cocks if they stop to think about the implications. Which, no doubt, many of them do.

--

/ dave /