I feel so cheap

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Feb 19 13:22:37 PST 2002

Gordon:
> >So it may be your hotshot salesman is really shy, just as
> >your connoisseur of sweaters is probably afraid of women.

Kelley:
> absolutely:
>
> women are in the same position as the capitalist and their managers
> men are in the same position as employee's in a buyer's market.
>

> makes perfect sense.
>
> you should go into talk radio with a mind that works like that.

Well, it was you who matched them. I could speculate on the perceptions and motivations of a reticent applicant, having been one. I am much less familiar with the passage and passers of dumb lines, but it does seem that that sort of macho abrasiveness must represent some kind of fear and hostility. You think someone who says something offensively stupid is acting in a confident, amiable way, do you?

I doubt if talk radio is up to the subtle distinctions between subjective and objective power, and the perceptions of both, that I might make. Too bad.

-- Gordon