Chomsky on Balkans

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed Feb 20 05:27:55 PST 2002

> colin quinn? he hasn't done the snl news in like 3 or 4 years.
> was he refering to the gulf war? was the joke more about
> "not wanting to see britney spears on tv"?...i don't want
> to see britney spears doing anything...that's a legitimate
> complaint..but i may be interpreting the joke as something
> seperate from what he intended...i don't know.
>
> ~M.E.

I posted something on this the morning after:

http://nuance.dhs.org/lbo-talk/0110/1500.html

For the record, Quinn did Update for, I think, a year and a half, replacing Norm MacDonald who was fired for making too many OJ-is-guilty-jokes. Quinn was brought back as a "guest commentator" to make these remarks. During the Gulf War, Dennis Miller was the Update anchor.

DP