O'Neill on grants

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Thu Feb 21 21:33:59 PST 2002

Re: O'Neill on grants

>> on Tuesday, the World Bank warned Moldova's authorities that
>> it must cancel plans to nationalize privatized companies or risk >>losing
US$115 million in loans.

>In this inter-imperialrulingclass dispute about the WB, I hope O'Neill
>wins...

Before we hope anyting we might (1) figure out what O'Neill actually wants and (2) how close is he to accomplishing it. The goal wouldn't be to eliminate the WB but to neutralize any faction in it opposing US policy. I doubt this is the first time such things have happened.

Charles Jannuzi