Michael Moore's Stupid White Men is sold out

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Fri Feb 22 12:26:18 PST 2002

http://www.michaelmoore.com/diaries/book_diary_2002_0219.html Mike's Book Tour Diary Tuesday, 2/19/2001

(...) 10pm... I go over to CNN to be interviewed live by Aaron Brown, one of the smartest guys in TV news. He does a word association game with me, and when he says, "George W. Bush," I say, "Resign." There is a weird pause, and I can almost hear the director in the booth going, "THAT is why you NEVER put this guy on live!" I think it just kind of stunned everyone for a split second because I don't think that word has yet been uttered in connection to the Occupier of the Oval Office. Well, there, I said it. If there is justice, it shall happen.

Midnight... The day has ended with the news that bookstores across American have indeed run out of books, Amazon is out of books, and more books are being rushed to them. An email from HarperCollins informs me that the book, on sale for just 12 hours, is already in its fourth printing. This is a good sign... http://www.michaelmoore.com/2002_0219.html Posted 2.19.2002 I'm with Stupid and Today is the Day (...) Can you keep a secret? This book is already at #1 on the expanded Amazon Nonfiction Bestseller List, and I got word today from two regional book distributors that the demand has been so high they are out of books! They were so desperate for more copies that they contacted the author directly (as if I had a few spare boxes of them out in the garage!).