La France n'existe pas

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Feb 24 10:55:13 PST 2002

joanna bujes wrote:

>The last French movie I saw in which there was much talk of "jouir"
>(coming) was some really stupid neaderthal flick called "Coup de
>Torchon." It NEVER ceases to amaze me how this nation (the French)
>who pride themselves on their theory and intelligence have such
>stuuuupid movies and such stuuuupid theory.

A friend who recently visited Cuba asked a highly placed official what she thought of U.S. media. Her reply: "Everyone in Cuba loves it. We get two movies a week and also because of the embargo we don't have to pay for ABC and CBS. Everyone in this country learns English so we can watch American tv. I hate French movies. They pan in on a dog walking across a field and it goes so slowly. No one likes French movies. We like American ones and we are accustomed to their pace."

Doug