What sociobiologists said

Eric Franz Leher fr102anz at netvigator.com
Sun Feb 24 16:40:32 PST 2002

> Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:52:10 -0500
> From: Kelley
> Subject: Re: What sociobiologists said
>
> At 11:35 PM 2/24/02 +0800, Eric Franz Leher wrote:
>
> >Like Carrol you don't usually fuck things up, so what else is it you
> >might mean here?
> >
> >Eric
>

> that you misrepresented daniel's claims making it appear as if he said
> something he did not say.
>

> kelley

Daniel misrepresented (or misunderstood) _me_, Kelley. Which is why I posted. I snipped because I reacted specifically to his misrepresentation of my example that made use of Wilson. I said: altruism's a technical term made use of by biologists. Example: Wilson. Daniel's comment implied _only_ Wilson used the term and I was engaged in some kind of definitional sleight-of-hand. "You can't claim the terms are 'used' just because Wilson uses them."

In that sense I don't think I misrepresented anything. I've already pointed out I don't go for the logic that says odious personal views imply bad science. So what I cut wasn't germane to the point I wanted to stress.

But as this tit-for-tat bullshit is intellectually profitless and a waste of time, my last words for the list are:

See ya.