pacifica

Daniel Davies dsquared at al-islam.com
Sun Feb 24 23:57:17 PST 2002

it woz wrote:

>Mark Cooper's letter, which is appended below, is a long >string of
outrageous
>deceptions and lies whose intended effect is to destroy >KPFK and its
community.
>With patience, however, it is not difficult to untie the many >strands of
his
>absurdly tangled web.

I presume that Pacifica aren't looking for suggestions for a replacement show now that the Marc Cooper one isn't on any more, but nevertheless, I'd like to cast my vote in favour of a long-running soap opera like "The Archers", a sort of everday story of left-wing radio folk calling each other liars all the time. I've never really listened to the radio station (except for the internet version of Doug's show once or twice), but I have to say that I find the ins and outs of the battle over its funding absolutely riveting. It's sort of like the best kind of takeover battle storyline out of "Dallas".

Perhaps someone is already at work on a movie script? Or even better, producing two movies, with basically the same plot except that the goodies in one film are played by the baddies in the other and vice versa. I think that Oliver Stone would be the right choice of director. Since I don't really know much about the Pacifica crew apart from the fact that they're exremely good at insulting each other in round-robin emails, I can't make any suggestions about casting, but I daresay that Andrew "Dice" Clay's agent ought to be getting on the case.

dd