Soviet philosophy

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 08:03:14 PST 2002

>Date: 25 Feb 2002 10:15:42 +0200
>

> exile to Siberia, enforced stays in psychiatric hospitals, prison,
>forced emigration, or execution--things that even Marxist thinkers in the
>USSR faced through the 1970s and into the early 1980s.
>
>"Even" marxist thinkers? ESPECIALLY marxist thinkers, because they would
>have posed the gravest threat to the regime.
>Tahir

Maybe in the 1920s-50s. Not by the 1970s. The Marxist dissidents never got a following, either under the Soviet era or after. I am sorry to say: I think that Kagarlitsky's great and I like ANdrei Kolganov a great deal; I think the Sogiet and Russian workers would have done much better with them than with Zyuganov. But they didn't see it that way. By the 1970s, the real threats were from the liberal "left" and the natioanlist "right."

jks

jks