does FBI know anthrax perp?

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 10:41:41 PST 2002

<http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/feb2002/anth-f25.shtml>

> FBI knows anthrax mailer but won't make an arrest,
> US scientist charges
>
> By Patrick Martin
>
> A leading US expert on biological warfare said the
> FBI had identified
> the perpetrator of last fall's anthrax attacks on
> the congressional
> Democratic leadership and other targets, but was
> "dragging its feet"
> in making an arrest and pressing charges, for fear
> that secret
> government activities would be exposed.

NPR was speculating whether or not it was a woman who did this. Their "evidence" seemed rather silly--apparently when the feds sent letters to the research facilities that said "he or she" rather than just "he". Then they had a lingusit on that did a critique about how we assume everyone is a man (for example if I said "My Doctor", you'd picture a man before you would a woman) until proven otherwise.

Anyhoo, here's the latest on the FBI (wo)man hunt.

http://www.newsday.com/news/health/ats-ap_health10feb25.story?coll=sns%2Dhealth%2Dheadlines

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 Buffalo Activist Network http://www.buffaloactivist.net