A Question

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Feb 25 19:58:58 PST 2002

At 09:47 PM 2/25/02 -0600, / dave / wrote:
>L A Hazard wrote:
>
> > What I am
> > looking for is documentation that shows what it would have cost
> > a company to obey the law/regulation, what their actual fines - if
> > any - were for breaking it and how it diminished or increased their
> > "profits." My goal is to determine how much is myth and what the
> > reality is. Any suggestions of where to look, links, references, etc.,
> > would be greatly appreciated.

While it isn't his speciality, I'd give Robert Jackall (author of Moral Mazes) a jingle. He was more interested in the institutional or organizational aspects of the corporate world that lead, inevitably, to the Ford Pinto-like decisions that / dave / mentions. He wouldn't likely know the answer to your question, but I'm sure he's well connected enough to be able to tell you where to look and who might know more. http://www.williams.edu/AnthSoc/jackall.htm

kelley