Alexander Cockburn on Daniel Pearl

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Feb 27 08:33:36 PST 2002

At 08:14 AM 2/27/02 -0800, Bradford DeLong wrote:

>>Guess it's easier than looking up the original article!
>>
>>Doug
>
>For some reason it seems to be globally uncool to acknowledge multiple
>level references. I've had editors take some of my references like "X,
>quoted by Y in" and turn them into simply "X"...

i don't think that was the point. if cockburn was so "ace" he would have spent the time to get Pearl's work and read it himself.

it's globally uncool because it reveals an author's laziness in many cases--perhaps not yours, but in this case it seems pretty obvious that Cockburn just ripped off someone else's footwork.

kelley