Mugabe/Milosevic video game

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 06:23:33 PST 2002

Mugabe hits Milosevic

http://www.news24.co.za/News24/Technology/Infotech/0,1113,2-13-45_1150608,00.html

Cape Town - http://gAL.co.za, that raucous bunch of no-gooders, have launched yet another in your face, on your monitor, computer game, starring Southern Africa's favourite Dr Evil, Robert 'free 'n fair' Mugabe, with Slobodan Milosevic as mini-me.

The premise: Dr Evil has held Zimbabwe's elections hostage for one million Zimbabwe dollars. He he he he he he (maniacal laughter here).

In this daring post-colonial escapade, good ol' Bob plays the part of a devil-may-care human cannonball, with cunning adversary Morgan Tsvangarai playing 'the man who lights the fuse'. The game is called Extradite Mugabe!.

Your mission impossible is to help Tsvangarai fire Bob Mugabe's body through two mobile targets on screen. Should you choose to accept this mission, it will mean aiming for the holes correctly, avoiding splattering Bob on the wall in the process (some players may find Bob splattered against the wall the most appealing aspect of the game though).

On the other side of your target is the International Court of Justice, at the Hague - where you will be given the opportunity to land Bob Mugabe in close proximity to Slobodan Milosevic. A direct hit scores top points.

"This is the first gAL game where we'll be keeping track of players' points," says John Kuhn of gAL.co.za, "on the day of the announcement of the Zimbabwean presidential election results, we will be announcing the top scorer of the game."

The top scorer will win one year's worth of free internet access from gAL's all new internet service provider: gAL_access.

If you fail in hitting the target, don't despair - you still stand a chance of winning an all-expenses-paid trip to Zimbabwe on a journalist's visa. We hear the food in jail's real good.

"This is the Zimbabwean circus act everyone's been waiting for!" says Kuhn. "There have been a few debates on campuses about what should happen to Mugabe if he loses the election," says Kuhn, "extradition to the Hague has come up often."

To take cheap shots at politics, go to www.gal.co.za. Extradite Mugabe goes live on Thursday.

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 Buffalo Activist Network http://www.buffaloactivist.net