Alexander Cockburn on Daniel Pearl

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Feb 28 08:10:54 PST 2002

Bradford DeLong wrote:

>5) People whose work you rip off in this way are likely to read your
>stuff, and to remember what you did for a *very* *long* *time*...

There's the failure to do the legwork, and the misleading use of inline citations - and then there's the practice favored by certain journalists whose names we'll leave out of this who lift whole passages from correspondents, word-for-word, without so much as a thank you, much less a pair of quotation marks. One remembers that for a very long time too.

Doug