Zizek

BARTELBYVQF at cs.com BARTELBYVQF at cs.com
Thu Feb 28 15:39:49 PST 2002

In a message dated 2/28/02 3:16:25 PM, cgrimes at rawbw.com writes:

<< Well, part of the problem is a failure to recognize just how comprehensive the manufacturing of consent is, and how large a role the media play in creating and sustaining the state. In brief those together make the connection between the interests of US capital and empire and the US public intimate. So it is not just a matter of convincing some reluctant mass, but of systematically dis-entangling and articulating their interests from those of the ruling elites.

Chuck Grimes