Zizek

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Feb 28 17:53:38 PST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Finlayson A. wrote:

> It srikes me now that the US is the LEAST 'globalised' country in the world.

Nonsense. It's got a Third World electoral system and a Second World economy, but its culture, mass media, and selected service industries are global through and through. Read the mass culture carefully, and you find all sorts of resistance and subversion.

> Even when people from the US
> visit other places they seem not to actually leave it but bring the US with
> them and seek out aspects of the US in places they go to.

Which people -- the biz elites, or the tourists, travelers, and artists like T.S. Eliot or writers like Edgar Snow?

-- Dennis