Dawn of the Euro

Scott Martens sm at kiera.com
Tue Jan 1 06:20:29 PST 2002

----Original Message----- From: Dennis Robert Redmond <dredmond at efn.org> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Tuesday, January 01, 2002 1:54 AM Subject: Dawn of the Euro

>Incredible. One of the truly sublime moments of world history; decades
>from now, each one of us can say, we were there at zero-hour, when the
>sorry shambles of the Pax Americana ended

God, I hope not. I took out my first Euros just after midnight. Drunk people were lined up at ATM's to see if they worked. Then I turned around and spent my first Euro on beer at the nearest nachtwinkel. If this was going to be one of those moments I tell my grandchildren about, I'd have tried to be more sober for it.

Scott Martens