Marxism is a science

Cian O'Connor cian_oconnor at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 1 07:17:30 PST 2002

I think you're talking about something else. Unless I've read Scott very badly wrong, he's saying that Marx's investigation was not a dispassionate objective one. Rather Marx came with preconceived ideas about morality, the way the world is, etc and tried to prove them.

The problem with the objectivity of value, as I see it, is that objects and actions quite obviously have different value to different people. Unless one moves to a transactional world based upon something other than money, I can't really see any model other than the free market which can deal with this. And if there is a good replacement for money I'd love to know what it is.

--- James Heartfield <Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk> wrote: > In message

<000c01c191ee$6988c6e0$0a7ba8c0 at hellodolly.hellodolly>,