Oh dear me!

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Wed Jan 2 17:39:16 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Robert Dean" <qualiall_2 at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 11:58 AM Subject: Oh dear me!

> A new high-definition camera can tell whether a person
> is lying by
> measuring the heat patterns on their face.
>
> In tests it correctly detected lies in more than 80%
> of cases.
>
> If it passes further trials its inventors claim it
> could
> 'revolutionise' security checks at airports.
>
> Full story:
> http://www.ananova.com/yournews/story/sm_485514.html
>

> =====
> Kevin Dean
> Buffalo, NY
> ICQ: 8616001
> http://www.yaysoft.com

The tragicomedy of libertarian/free market approaches to the production of technology; they undermine libertarian notions of self-ownership. Maybe we should all incorporate as sole proprietors, registering our bodyminds as databases. Then anyone who wants to take a picture of us, get skin samples, piss samples etc. will have to pay whatever price we choose; we'd all be our own monopolists! :-)

Ian