Obsolescent Programmers

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Thu Jan 3 00:17:50 PST 2002

Thomas Seay wrote:

> I dont know if he is still there, but on our Mountain
> View Campus there used to be a guy who was a Satanist
> and would come to work dressed like Anton Lavey.
> Haven't seen him recently. Maybe he cashed in his
> stock options during the "boom" and now spends his
> time invoking the Prince of Darkness.

That reminded me of an email I received from a DJ friend just after Halloween last year:

> BTW, the Halloween party we played at was pretty interesting.
> Our host was a prominent Satanist who lives in Brooklyn Park.
> The event culminated in a ritual of the Satanic variety. At
> several points during the ritual, our host lashed out at---the
> multinationals!

Courtesy of Google, the Maoist Internationalist Movement's take on the "Red split" in American Satanism:

http://www.etext.org/Politics/MIM/mn/text.php?mimfile=mn229/satan.txt

"Finally, after years of prodding by MIM, the Satanists considering themselves 'Reds' have organized themselves and in so doing, ended up getting booted from the 'Church of Satan'."

...and lest we forget the standard-issue Red/Antichrist angle:

Wurmbrand, Richard. (1976) Was Marx a satanist? Diane Books

Wurmbrand, Richard. (1990) Marx and satan. Living Sacrifice Book Co. Amazon.com Sales Rank: 390,524

"Marx' housekeeper told that her master was a pious man. He used to kneel on his bedroom and pray with black candles burning (...) Marx' appearance is also worth considering. Though having a beard was not uncommon in his age, it was by no means common to let it grow shaggy as he did. In the Satanist order of Joanna Woolcott, however, this was the praxis. Wurmbrand offers more arguments and their cumulative effect is, in my opinion, convincing. This side of Karl Marx has of course been suppressed, not least beacause those who are interested in him usually do not want to believe it..."

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0891073795/qid=1010044551/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_11_1/107-0990370-5899709

But enough - life is too short (serial Googler Pugliese must be immortal - a faustian bargain, perhaps?)...

--

/ dave /