falsifiability

Barry DeCicco bdecicco2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 04:05:14 PST 2002

From: Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com>

>Some natural sciences are non-experimental, or mostly
>non-experimental, like astronomy, geology, and
>paleontology.

>Jim F.

And economics. Which is sometimes good for tripping up the stereotypical engineer/physical scientist-libertarian, who thinks of economics as the only 'real' social science.

I've used astronomy to trip up a physics grad student/libertarian/scoffer at 'soft science', who was foolish enough to distinguish 'soft/hard' by means of 'experimental/non-experimental'.

Barry