US economy turning?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 3 11:47:10 PST 2002

/ dave / wrote:

>What are the month-to-month or quarterly stats for a) numbers of
>U.S. personal bankruptcy filings and
>b) $ levels of same, versus last year or two years ago or...?

Third quarter numbers - most recent available - were down some from the second quarter, but above the number from a year earlier. The bk numbers often lag the bizcycle a bit, so it could rise into the new year (esp if the law is changed).

If you've got lots of credit card debt, seriously consider filing. Of course, you should talk to a lawyer first, or Justin will be reprimanding me for practicing law without a license.

Doug