B-52 Bombers, a Long Time Ago.... Re: Hitch loves you

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jan 3 16:54:42 PST 2002

>Couldn't agree more with Nathan --
>
>> I think the mindless sloganeering
>> sustituting for concrete analysis of the present sitution after S11 was one
>> of the most depressing things I have experienced in years. We lost the
>> debate on the war and even more on the peace, because the public analysis of
>> the "peace movement" was so disconnected from the reality experienced by the
>> general population that they tuned it out. The media may have contributed
>> with their press blackouts, but that was true in many past peace movements
> > and the message got out on the streets.
>
>Just as well that so disconnected and vacuous a message didn't get out.
>The concept of "cultural lag" was invented to account for much what the
>peacenik left has tried to present as "thought." Vietnam was a long time
>ago.
>
>Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema

Perhaps, you two want to write a letter to the US President, urging him to retire, pronto, B-52 bombers and the like that remind "peaceniks" (now there is a dated word!) of Vietnam, the Gulf War, Kosovo, and other things that happened a long time ago: <http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_1632000/1632521.stm>. -- Yoshie